ICC Champions Trophy- 2017
India v/s Pakistan:
Why Team India Win is inevitable
Highly anticipated sporting event, arch rivals- India and Pakistan would be facing off each other on June 18th in Champions Trophy Finals in England. These two countries will battle in Birmingham. Indian team sailed past Bangladesh and is ready to regain its crown, as it enters the finals with an experienced line-up of players, making it a historical match, to be savored. Veterans like Saurav Ganguly believe that “India will defeat Pakistan”.
This will be an intense match and there are quite a few reasons for why India would Win-
– Indian Team radiates confidence in its captaincy with an impeccable temperament of dealing with pressure and performing with a superior attitude when batting, bowling or fielding.
– Captaincy matters and Virat Kohli is hungry to battle and defend India’s coveted title. Sliding victoriously over South- Africa as well as Bangladesh, India got a head start with the bowlers knocking off their batting lineups as giving an all-rounder performance against their pacers too. The pressure on the captain is of course insurmountable, but Virat kohli still commands respect from the team for making them perform with discipline and vigour. He is capable of making us win and at his best, is the worst living nightmare for any and every bowler.
– India has also favoured experienced players over the youthful ones. An exemplary line up of players like MS Dhoni, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh and Shikhar Dhawan, is ready to clash with their fierce rivals head-on. India is being favored as these players have shown grit, confidence, unmatched aggressiveness and discipline when performing under immense pressure against Pakistani team previously. This is one of the best ever batting line-up.”
– “Players like Shikar Dhawan, Dinesh Kartik, Kedar Jhadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ravinder Jadega and Hardik Pandaya have performed outstandingly, attacking lines aggressively and dynamically in lengths and impressed everyone in their warm up games.”- VVS Laxman. Indian Bowlers are in an impeccable form right now especially Jasprit Bumrah who currently displays the strongest bowling attacks in cricket. Umesh Yadav and Mohammad Shami too perform extraordinarily against the best battling line ups. Ashwin, Jadeja and Nehra adapt to the pace of the game, and then raise the bar as spinners; are currently the ones to look out for.
– Pakistan’s Sarfraz Ahmed led team does have new talent, but it’s the quality of Indian players over the years, that will outperform and outshine this time. “Earlier Pakistan boasted players like Wasim Akram, Salim Malik, Saeed Anwar, Waqar Younis and many more which made their attack strong, but the current Pakistani team doesn’t perform under pressure the same way, affecting their ability and quality as players. India under pressure improvises its techniques and unites as a team and functions collectively, where as the Pakistani Team heads straight for a fight and that hasn’t been working too well for them”- states Ganguly. Pakistan buckles under pressure.
– The men in blue will outshine the men in green as an article in “Dawn” states- “Pakistan will be wary of the arch-rivals who have enjoyed a clear edge in recent contests”. It also states “Analyst have attributed this to psychological factors, with Pakistan side finding it hard to keep their nerve, and losing focus.”